Saturday 28 November 2015

Ombre Ash Grey Hair Journey

Hello everyone, sorry if I haven’t post any single post after I reviewed Jafra Mud Mask back then. As you may not know, I’m just started my internship program from my university since August and place where I work is really fun! Hehe.. (۶)۶ Full of spirit in doing their passion, optimism, and fun!

Okay back to the topic, as the titled say, I got my hair coloured on the third week of November. Actually, this is the first time I’ve made this decision, since I’m getting older and I don’t wanna miss a chance to get my hair coloured! So yeah, here I will share my (crazy… yeah, some people said to me) experience how I get my ombre hair.

Virgin Black hair

Picture above is my hair condition before I’ve made a choice to coloured it. My hair is never been colored before. Its totally virgin black hair ( ÒÓ) And I don’t have any picture of my back hair.

I will give a little explanation before we go deeper about colouring process. Virgin hair refers to hair which is completely unprocessed, like it’s never been permed (permanent wavy, permanent curly) or chemically processed (relaxed, bleached, tinted, permed). In my case, my virgin hair is raven black colour with soft texture and have a big volume enough with a bit split ends. When I touch it, it feels smooth and healthy, maybe it’s because I’m usually wash my hair everyday (it’s my bad habit haha!).

What I know about ombre hair is to give gradation effect on your hair, around 3 or more steps of gradation and still on one color tone. For example, you want your hair colored by ombre purple with total 3 gradation steps, from black (usually it counted) to light purple. Except the black itself, you will receive 2 more steps with lighter colour until the light purple colour on the lowest part of your hair is visible. Here’s the diagram to helps you understand what I mean.

1. Virgin black hair
2. Dark purple colour
3. Light purple colour

Source: Google

Source: Google


And this is the colour I want for my hair. YES, a grey colour tone, I think it’s the best colour I want, since I know my hair is really really black and the grey itself will be visible enough for me.

In this photo, the colour is not really visible it almost like brown nearly black. But the ash grey colour is quite visible enough when I’m on the salon. Im not choosing the light grey colour because I don’t want this colour is too bright on my hair, so I will choose the colour nealy this colour palette (since the paste I’m using is Loreal if im not mistake, but the colour palette book is not Loreal LOL!), the colour on this book is Dark Ash Blonde.

Colour Palette for Ash Grey tone

To achieve this colour I’ve been told that I need to get bleached around 3 or 4 times. OMG!! I thought to achieve dark ash grey colour I only need 1 time bleaching. I’ve not prepare to watch them really, I’m become pessimist at that time (~~;)But, the staffs there is really kind, they said don’t worry the colour will turn great. So let’s keep going then!

Some of people said bleaching process will make your hair supeeeeeer dry like wigs... When your hair got coloured, your hair need to get bleached if you wanna colour your hair with light colours such as pink, purple, ash grey and etc. The bleaching process itself damaged your hair, and it’s permanent. The longer you bleach the worst it gets. So after bleaching, you will need to give an extra care to your hair. I've been told a line products which i could use for treatment, i only need to use the shampoo and the conditioner.

L'oreal Expert Vitamino Color Line

L'oreal Expert Vitamino Color Shampoo and Conditioner

Prepare or not, I’m already made a decision. Getting ready for bleaching~
I’m really excited to know what my hair will be turn like, because the color I want is really hard to get, said the colorist.  (")

Applied some bleaching chemicals

I’m wearing my homy t-shirt to avoid any accident in bleaching process or in coloring process. We will never knew what would happen, right? And since it’s near my house so I don’t really care with what t-shirt I use! Haha.. (۶)۶

Bleaching process

The bleaching process itself taking about 30 up to 45 minutes. While I’m waiting, I’m played line get rich LOL, because I’m usually is sleepy whenever I go to salon, but this time I need to be fully awake!! (´Д)

After my hair is bleached

After bleaching, my hair got washed to remove all bleaching chemicals. I’ve got only one time bleaching, and it’s already yellowish white tone colour on my hair. I’ve been wondering is it just my hair fading easily or the chemical did this Σ(゜д゜ノ)ノand maybe it’s because it was my first time in bleaching hair.

After that, my hair got coloured with grey liquid. This liquid will be turn out ash grey on my hair. Sorry, I didn’t take any photos of the liquid.

Begin giving a colour to my hair

As you could see, my hair is being colored with ash grey, and somehow I noticed that there’s no gradation effect at all. (;)!!

After wash with water
The colour turn out very bright to me under the light, almost like 3 steps below LOL

And here’s the result after coloring process. Happy and disappointed, I feel both this feelings when I’m seeing this photo. It turn out with no gradation at all, maybe it’s because I’m only get one time bleach. And I feels the bleaching line is not horizontally straight, the right part of my hair is got bleached up high rather than my left part. I’m already told them that part is too high!! But they said it didn’t! Meh! (´Д) I don’t know since I’m kinda possessed by OCD, I’m not really satisfied with he result. Only one thing I’m happy with, I really love how the colour turn out and not-too-dry hair result, that’s all.

Under the salon room lighting
Forget the face!

After coloring process, they washed my hair only on the ombre part. I found out that the second step of my hair gradation is turn into light brown-orangish colour, it’s like the colour isn’t absorb. I’m asking them to re-colour it a bit to close the colour, and it give you additional 15 minutes in process before get washed again. After that I got serum for my hair (if I’m not mistake) and after that my hair got blown. And this how they’re turn out.

After colouring
After colouring back hair

I got adviced by the hair colorist not to wash my hair up to three days later. Because the color is still in absorbing process. I need to avoid any anti-dandruff shampoo, and using vitamin oils. I will share my hair treatment later hehe..

Left - Virgin black hair
Right - After ombre

Here’s the before-after colouring. Left is my virgin black hair with outdoor lighting. And right photo is my hair after colouring under my bedroom lighting.

 OVERALL

For me it's a little pricey to get this hair, if you wanna get the better result i recommend you to go to salon with hair colorist expert. The price on my place is almost the same as salon price on the mall, and i didn't satisfied with the result. It's better to find the right place to bleaching rather than colouring. Why? Because the core of dyeing hair is in bleaching process. After bleaching, your non-dyeing hair will be REALLY visible, and it will be more stressfull IMHO.

My hair becomes dry but it's not too stressfull, maybe because my hair itself is not dry in the first place. I've only used vitamin oils and colored-hair shampoo and my hair just go back smooth!  ( ÒÓ) 

 SPECIAL NOTES
Here I don’t mention the salon’s name, because I’m not the only one who came there and get bleached. I don’t know how another customer got treated, maybe they’re satisfied or the same as me. I’m just sharing my opinion and what I get.

I’m just wanted to give you all some advice, and here’s my advice:
1.     Prepared for the worst when it come to dyeing hair or get your hair bleached. No turn back, except waiting for your hair grow again. (")
2.     Before you’ve made the decision, reassure yourself! Either you go to salon or bleached your hair on your own. If you choose go to salon, make sure you already browsing on the internet about the place, reviews, colour paste they’ve been used (if you have some allergic with chemicals), hair colorist (if you wanna get best hair result), price (to match with your budget). But, I really recommend you to go to salon, there you could meet colorist expertise that understands well about hair, and how to achieve the color exactly as you want.
3.     If you choose to bleached your hair on your own, ask your parent or sister at home to help. And of course, browsing some reviews to help you understand how to bleach better.
4.     Remember, your hair after colouring may get super dry if you’re not taken care of it. So, make promise to give extra treatment for your own hair.
5.     After colouring, you must avoid using haircomb for your hair, avoid wash it too much, and avoid anti-dandruff shampoo. Use hair vitamins oil, hair serum, and hair mask to make your hair better from damaging.

So, what do you think of my new hair colour, yay or nay? Comment below! ( ÒÓ) If you have any suggestion on what color next you can fill on comment below or chatbox on homepage. See you again on my next post (o≧)o

2 comments:

  1. Cakep warnanya, coba agak panjangan trus di curly bagian bawahnya pasti tambaah endeesss <3

    nice ^^

    kuecocor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wahhh thankyouu <3
      iya nih kurang panjang sama belum bisa pake curler, masih tahap belajar hehehe..

      thankyou sarannya :D

      Delete